Robert Half, Kforce and Kelly are the apical 3 champion firms for freelance, declaration and impermanent jobs for distant workers, says FlexJobs.
Freelancing is the mode to spell for a batch of professionals. Though an in-house, unit occupation tin supply a unchangeable salary, information and benefits, galore radical bask the freelance beingness for its diversity, flexibility and control. But uncovering capable enactment tin beryllium a situation for galore freelancers. A new study from occupation hunt tract FlexJobs highlights the 30 champion places to find freelance enactment and offers tips connected however to get started arsenic a freelancer.
SEE: IT pro's roadworthy representation to moving remotely (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
An August 2021 survey conducted by FlexJobs asked much than 800 freelancers wherefore they prime freelancing implicit accepted employment. The apical crushed was work-life balance, arsenic cited by 81% of the respondents. Other factors included family, commute accent and clip savings.
Some 66% of the freelancers surveyed said they're optimistic astir their occupation concern implicit the adjacent six months, compared with 61% of regular employees. And 78% of the freelancers said they "want to work" oregon "want and request to work," versus 70% of accepted workers.
Freelancing is besides connected the rise. By 2027, 50% of the full US workforce could beryllium composed of freelancers, according to Statista, adding up to 86.5 cardinal workers.
Looking astatine occupation postings from much than 57,000 companies betwixt Jan. 1 and Aug. 31 of 2021, FlexJobs came up with a database of the apical 30 companies with the top fig of freelance occupation postings for the year. Many of the firms connected the database are staffing oregon recruitment agencies. Some are full-service and woody with a assortment of jobs, portion others absorption connected circumstantial roles and industries.
The pursuing companies are listed successful bid from the top to the slightest fig of distant occupation postings:
- Robert Half International
- Accounting Principals
- Bilingual Therapies
- Planet Group
- Profit Factory
- Motion Recruitment Partners
- Solomon Page
- Beacon Hill Staffing Group
- CSI Companies
- Stride, Inc.
- Expert Business Development
- Stage 4 Solutions
- VIQ Solutions
- Tava Health
- Russell Tobin
- Avispa Technology
- 24 Seven
- Varsity Tutors
FlexJobs besides singled retired the pursuing apical 10 careers and professions successful request of distant freelance workers for 2021:
- Accounting and finance
- Computer and IT
- Customer service
- HR and recruiting
- Medical and health
- Project management
- Education and training
Combing a occupation hunt tract for freelance roles tin beryllium tricky arsenic they often spell by antithetic names, specified arsenic contractor, advisor oregon contract-to-hire. Those of you seeking a freelance accidental should support successful caput the pursuing presumption arsenic defined by FlexJobs:
- Freelancer: A self-employed idiosyncratic who works for themselves alternatively than for a company.
- Contract worker: Someone who works arsenic a impermanent declaration worker, oregon a temp, alternatively than arsenic a imperishable employee.
- Independent contractor: A word defined by a declaration with different institution oregon idiosyncratic and the mode the IRS categorizes this benignant of work.
- 1099 worker: An IRS word utilized to picture an autarkic contractor based connected the 1099 form.
- Contract consultant: Someone hired for impermanent consulting by a company.
- Contract-to-hire: A occupation that starts disconnected connected a freelance and autarkic ground but could go a regular in-house position.
Finally, FlexJobs offered immoderate tips to freelancers, particularly those conscionable starting out.
- Know the market. Before you discontinue your regular occupation and dive into freelancing, behaviour immoderate probe to marque definite there's a request for your field, the work you connection and the contention you mightiness face.
- Establish your brand. Devise a beardown idiosyncratic and nonrecreational marque to assistance imaginable clients recognize what you bash and wherefore they should prosecute you. What are your unsocial skills and abilities?
- Grow your nest egg. Freelancing tin often beryllium feast oregon famine. Sometimes you person excessively overmuch work, different times you don't person enough. Some fiscal enactment successful your slope relationship volition assistance you get done the down times.
- Handle administrative tasks. Remember that freelancing is overmuch much than doing the existent work. You request to find clip to woody with wellness security requirements, status planning, and self-employment and estimated taxes arsenic good arsenic ordering bureau supplies and managing your time.
- Connect with a mentor. A mentor with acquisition successful freelancing tin often assistance you larn however to amended juggle your freelance life.
Tech News You Can Use Newsletter
We present the apical concern tech quality stories astir the companies, the people, and the products revolutionizing the planet. Delivered DailySign up today
- Freelance enactment remains an important portion of the US economy (TechRepublic)
- Flexjobs: Top 10 freelance vocation fields and the brushed skills needed for them (TechRepublic)
- Freelancers successful the US earned $234 cardinal successful 2020 (TechRepublic)
- How to rapidly onboard and offboard a fast-growing freelance workforce (TechRepublic)
- The apical companies looking for distant tech professionals (TechRepublic)
- 6 steps for gathering an effectual assistance desk (TechRepublic Premium)
- Tech history: Check retired our coverage (TechRepublic connected Flipboard)